Opera Western Reserve’s Emerging Artists program was created to benefit growing performers in higher education by giving them the experience to work in professional and educational environments.
In accordance with Opera Western Reserve’s mission to be a leader in artist training, arts education, and audience development, the OWR Emerging Artists’ primary purpose is to provide opportunities for the participating Emerging Artists as well as provide education and development opportunities for the community through performance based programing. By providing professional opportunities that help Emerging Artists grow, we hope to be a major stepping stone in developing a career in the performing arts. The group of 6 to 8 Emerging Artists will appear in performances and educational programming throughout the Western Reserve area, as well as play supporting roles in Main Stage productions. Opportunities to perform for fundraising galas and other special events will also be available to the Emerging Artists. These opportunities are paid and conducted in a professional environment.
Apply to be an Emerging Artist
If you are interested in becoming an Opera Western Reserve Emerging Artist, please complete the application below for a VIRTUAL audition.
April 15, 2022
Submit the following:
- Headshot- REQUIRED to provide a link and list your full name
- Performance resume- REQUIRED to label as “FirstName_LastName_Resume”
- Audition Repertoire Requirements-
- One Aria in English (Art Song may be substituted if you do not have an English Language Aria)
- One Aria in Italian
- Paste Links to Audition Video Recordings- REQUIRED list your full name
MANDATORY 2022 DATES
- Rehearsal- June 7, 5:00-7:00PM Sing Through
- Rehearsal- June 8, 5:00-7:00PM Staging
- Rehearsal- June 10, 5:00-7:00PM Staging
- Rehearsal- June 12, 12:00-5:00PM Final Run/Dress(Lunch provided)
- Summer Camp Performances- June 13-17, 9:00AM-4:00PM
- *OWR Cabaret- June 24, 6:30-7:00PM
- Rehearsal schedule for Cabaret TBD
- *OWR Mainstage Performance- November 11
- Rehearsal schedule for Mainstage TBD
- Directed by Robert Pierce
- Perform in Opera Western Reserve’s fall main stage production
- Perform at schools or on-site for schools
- Paid rehearsals & performances
- Networking and resume builder
- OWR Partner Organizations include: Henry H. Stambaugh Auditorium Association, the Youngstown Symphony Society, and the Youngstown Playhouse.
If you have questions or have any issues with uploading items, please contact the Education Coordinator, Emelia Sherin, at email@example.com for assistance.
Request a performance!
OWR Emerging Artists travel to local libraries, parks, camps, and schools bringing classic stories to life through operatic performances. OWR’s Emerging Artists program strives to take a leadership role in artist training, arts education, and audience development. The OWR Emerging Artists’ primary purpose is to provide those opportunities for the participating Emerging Artists as well as provide education and development opportunities for the community through performance-based programming. The performances are designed for young audiences, but meant to be enjoyed by audiences of all ages, who will leave with a new appreciation for the performing arts, opera, and classical music. We strive to keep the arts alive in the community by bringing the OWR Children’s Opera to you!
This summer the Emerging Artists toured local summer camps performing Three Billy Goats Gruff. Contact our Education Coordinator to learn how you can request a performance from The Emerging Artists!